91. The pressure at the bottom of a tank of liquid is not proportional to.?
A. The density of the liquid
B. The area of the liquid surface
C. The height of the liquid
D. The acceleration
92. What is the shape of the liquid meniscus in a capillary tube placed in a liquid that wets the surface of the tube.?
B. Concave downwards
C. Convex up
D. None of the above is correct
93. A piece of weighted wood just floats in water. When place3d in alcohol (of lower density) it will.?
A. Float lower
B. Float higher
C. Stay as before
94. A force of 100 dynes acts for 10 seconds on a body of mass 500g. What is the change in momentum.?
A. 10 C.G.S units
B. 100 C.G.S units
C. 1000 C.G.S units
D. 5000 C.G.S units
95. A 40kg cart moving at 3 m/s makes a head a head-on collision with a 20 kg cart at rest, as illustrated in Fig. 1.If the collision is completely inelastic, the speed with winch the carts leave the impact is approximately.?
A. 2 m/s
B. 6 m/s
C. 20 m/s
D. 0.2 m/s
96. If the earth stopped rotating, the weight of objects at the equator would.?
A. Be greater
B. Be the same as before
C. Be less
D. Very with latitude
97. A satellite travels in a circular orbit at a speed of 20,000 km/hr to stay at a constant altitude. To escape from the earth, the speed would have to be increased to.?
A. 28,000 km/hr
B. 21,000 km/hr
C. 40,000 km/hr
D. 64,000 km/hr
98. A projectile is fired at an angle of 37° with an initial speed of 100 m/s. What is the approximate versicle component of its velocity after 2s.?
A. 80 m/s
B. 40 m/s
C. 60 m/s
D. 100 m/s
99. Two pieces of wire of the same material have their lengths in the ratio of 1:2 and diameters in the ratio of 2:1. If they are stretched by the equal force, elongation will be int he ration of.?
100. With the help of dimensions method it can be proved that frequency of a stretched wire.?
A. Does not depend on the mass of the wire
B. Depends on the displacement of the wire
C. Depends on the mass of the wire
D. None of these