191. To allow the body to oscillate with a measurably large amplitude under the influence of an external periodic force ?
A. F/m should be small
B. M should be small and F should be large
C. W should be very large compared to w0
D. M should be large and F should be small
192. An automobile sounding its horn is moving away from an observer. The pitch of the horn's sound relative to its normal pitch is?
A. The same
B. Higher or lower depending upon the exact frequency
193. Ultrasonic sound waves ?
A. Cannot be heard
B. Can be heard with the help of microphone
C. Can be heard by a normal human ear
D. Can be heard with the help of hearing apparatus
194. In stationary wave?
A. All the particles between two adjacent nodes vibrate in phase
B. All the particles perform simple harmonic motion
C. Particles on opposite sides of a node vibrate with a phase difference of
D. The amplitude of particle vibration at an anti node is equal to that of either component wave
195. Assertion (A): Diffraction of sound waves is more evident in daily experience than that of light waves. Reason (R): Sound waves are longitudinal, while light waves are transverse?
A. Both A and R correct and R is the correct explanation of A
B. Both A and R correct but R is the correct explanation of A
C. A is correct,but R is incorrect
D. A is incorrect but R is correct
196. A tuning fork when sounded together with a tuning fork of frequency 256 emits two beats. On loading the tuning fork of frequency 256, the number of beats heard are 1 per second. The frequency of the tuning fork is?
197. Two organ pipes of same dimensions are filled with hydrogen and oxygen respectively. If oxygen is 16 times heavier than hydrogen the ratio of the fundamental frequencies of the two organ pipes (assuming the elasticities of gases to be nearly equal)will be?
198. Assertion (A): Solids can transmit both longitudinal and transverse wave. Reason (R):They resist changes in volume but not changes of shape?
A. A is incorrect, but R is correct
B. Both A and R are correct and R is the correct explanation of A
C. Both A and R are correct, but R is not the correct explanation of A
D. A is correct, but R is incorrect
199. In order to achieve good acoustic property, a hall should have ?
A. Small but non-zero
B. Zero reverberation
C. Large reverberation
D. None of the above is correct
200. A point on the crest of a transverse wave shall reach the trough after time?